Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sunburst 10k

I was debating on posting this blog but I decided to do it even though I look funny in these pictures. So last week I ran in a 10K. It is over six miles. It is something I have never done before and I am so glad I did. It was so much fun. When I first decided to enter this race I was going for time, but as it got closer my goal changed to MUST not stop running. I was so happy when I crossed that line and I didn't stop once. My time wasn't the greatest, 63 minutes. Remember I wasn't going for time. It was pretty cool to be running side by side with people you don't know and wondering what their story is. I bet I ran with pretty neat people. You also look at others and say "boy if she/he can do it then I sure can." I didn't think I would be one of those people but I have to admit when I got the pictures back of me the first thing I thought was "Oh No! I am one of the ones that people think "if she can do it then I sure can." I look pretty Funny. It is almost embarrassing so I post these only for proof that I did it. Here are some pictures of my "shining moment," Last Saturday.

6 comments:

S&J Spanos said...

You are a superstar Tracy. Congratulations.

Kelly said...

Way to go Tracy!!! That's a great accomplishment.

Jeff and Larissa said...

Nice job! You're a super cool mom. I would have passed out dead, literally, before the first mile was over.

ML said...

Congrats....Good Job!!! If you guys move back to Utah, I will run in a race with you. I have a little extra junk in my trunk to drag a long, so my time my be more like 6 hours and 63 minutes. :)

Tiffany said...

Way to go! I'm glad you were able to do this. What an accomplishment!

Emilee said...

Congratulations! Finishing a 10K is definitely an accomplishment.