Sunday, June 1, 2008

Utah Vacation

Can you believe that Utah is a visit state for us and not home anymore? We are amazed. We both never thought we would say that.
We loved seeing family. Ryan is a Utah fan all the way. She loved being so close to family. We stayed at my Mom and Dad's house for two days and then the rest at Teresa's (my twin). We stayed for a total of ten days. Mike and Teresa were great hosts and planned great fun activities for us. We had playdays, visiting family, racquet ball, shooting, fishing, job interview, going to the temple, seeing Thomas the train, girls night out (what we did at girls night out, stays at girls night out) , and of course the favorite part for Ryan and Kacie was the princess tea party. We did it all. If you want to have as much fun as we did stay at Teresa's and Mike's.
Traveling is still not so much fun. Our trip to Utah was quite miserable. We were flying out of Chicago so we had to get up and leave from south bend as soon as we got up. Well, Luke fell and split his lip open right before we left. To me it looked really bad but Matt said he has seen worse in the ER and we weren't missing our flights over it. So we left. He cried pretty much the whole way. Luckly I had a very nice lady next to me. She helped as much as she could. I just appreciated her smile. Anyone who has traveled with kids knows how difficult it can be. When we landed in Utah we went straight to the hospital and they put in three stitches. Not to bad but not fun for Luke. It was a heck of a day for all of us. The flight home went a lot better.
For all my years as being a twin I never had so much fun when I went to Teresa's church. Teresa's hair is long and I cut mine short before I came out to Utah. So we had different hair styles. Everyone I saw thought I was Teresa so they all complemented me on my hair. By the end of the day I was feeling really great about my hair. It was really funny. They all had shocked faces when they saw Teresa. They were very confused. I think that was my favorite twin day ever.
It was sad to leave Utah. Ryan was very emotional about it. She cried the whole way to the airport. She really does love south bend, she just doesn't love Good byes.
We are now back and happy to be home and loving the nice warm weather. Here is afew pictures of the things we did in Utah.

4 comments:

Spanos said...

Matt, I was just wondering who reeled in that fish for you? Looks like you had a fun time. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. It has only been 11 months and things have changed so much.

ML said...

We loved seeing you. Miss you already! I hear Price is a great place to practice medicine. :) Tell Ryan that we'll take a "faster" train ride next time she comes to Utah.

Jeff and Larissa said...

Cute family pictures! I love that Matt said he'd seen worse. I always tell Jeff he doesn't take me seriously when I need some medical help. :)

Tiffany said...

How fun! I'm glad you were able to come back home for a visit.