Thursday, October 4, 2007

Life Lessons Learned

Hello all my blog followers. I apologize for the long absent of my blog. I started reading Harry Potter and so my focus was on reading the book. You would think I would have that book done in a day but I am not that type of reader. I absorb it and ponder each chapter. That is how I enjoy books. So there you have it. That is my story. But while I was out the girls have learned very important life lessons. One Sunday we had big things happen to both Ryan and Kacie. We just got home from church and we were trying to pull ourselves together. Sundays are hard on little Lukers. So I went upstairs to feed him and put him down for a nap. Matt left to go home teaching. About two minutes after he left Ryan comes in crying holding her finger and it was bleeding really bad. She told me that she cute it on piece of paper. I never seen a paper cute do this much damage. So finally she admits that she cute her finger with a knife. She thought she would cut herself a piece of cheese. I used this as a good teaching moment and told her that she was lucky she didn't cut her finger off. I got a great reaction with that that I am confident this won't happen again. After we got her taken care of and happy again. Ryan and Kacie decide to get old keys and pretend to unlock everything. They did doors, walls, chairs, etc. They were just pretending like little kids do. Well, I was walking by Kacie when I she started screaming. I looked over and she put the keys in the outlet. It shocked her really bad and it went through her body. She started saying her hand hurt then her tummy hurt then she said her foot hurt. It was really cute when she was trying to tell me where it hurt. Matt happened to be there by this time so we mad this another teaching moment and scared her into not doing that again. I guess as parents we learned a lesson in baby proffing our house. So there you have it, it was a day of learning.

2 comments:

Mike and Kelly said...

So, I want to know if you have finished Harry Potter? I love when kids do naughty things. I love them even more when it gives me something to blog about. Props to Ryan and Kacie for being there for you, to give you great stories, and to make us laugh. We love you guys.

Tiffany said...

Ouch! I'm glad things turned out okay.