Friday, October 10, 2008

Back From Romania

Matt was gone for two LONG weeks in Romania. He went there for one of his elective rotations. When we interviewed here that was one of the attractions for matt. It was a great opportunity for him. The crazy thought to me is that elective is usually one month long. He was able to just do two weeks and still make it count. I am very greatful for that. I would have had to sell my children by the end of the month. He went to Romania on his mission so he already knew the language. The best part of matt being gone was I took up some projects. I cleaned the upstairs carpets and painted the hall way upstairs (that was the one thing matt told me not to do) and had lots of fun watching romantic/cheesy movies that matt would have never watched with me (thanks Kelly). It was so nice to have friends who helped me out with keeping my days busy with lots of fun. He is back and I am so glad to have him home. Matt will have to post on the blog about his trip. He took some great pictures. He is still trying to get over jet lag and from just working as a resident everyday. So hopefully soon he can share his great experience.

3 comments:

cramerfamily said...

Hey Tracy,
I think you deserve a girl vacation and let Matt stay home with the kids. Maybe we could all meet in Chicago or something for the weekend? So anything new about your husband doing an OB fellowship? Oh and who took the pictures of Luke with the big leaves. I love how the back ground is blurry, looks very professional.
Rosalyn

Becki said...

Wow, 2 weeks is a long time, but you survived!! That sounds like a great experience for him and luckily you are so supportive! I agree though--you need a girl vacation now :) Glad you had friends to help keep you busy. Any word yet on any of the jobs he applied for during the summer?

Bonnie said...

Matt we are so glad to have you back! I can't wait to hear about your trip and see some pictures!