Sunday, June 14, 2009

Our Soccer Star

Ryan had her last soccer game. She was my soccer star. I decided to coach this season knowing that it would most likely not happen next time. I did do it going into the idea that Matt would be able to help out. For all my resident friends I know they are laughing at me for thinking that. So yes, Matt wasn't there for 95% of the time. I had to ask my friends and babysitters to help out (thanks Kelly). One time I thought I had a babysitter and it fell through so I had to bring Kacie and Luke with me. I wrapped Luke to me with my moby wrap (love my moby wrap) and coached the girls on the field. I know I was a sight to see. I was obvouisly pregnant with a big belly and a two year old on me. I heard a lot of comments like "she has a lot on her plate." I just smiled and said "yes I do." The parents helped watched Kacie. She was good and just sat and read books and ate lots of treats. That was a long game for me. Luke was very heavy by the end of the game. I am glad that that happened only once. Practices were a little better. Luke loved to dribble in front of the girls thinking he was one of them. Some of the girls didn't like it but I was just greatful he wasn't running in the street.
Ryan was great! The parents were so glad to have her on the team because she was the only one who scored the whole season. They didn't know our secret. If Ryan scores then she gets gum. She worked so hard for that gum. It was fun to see. (please don't judge us. It works!)
I did enjoy it alot. I loved being Ryan's coach even under some stressful moments. GOOD JOB RYAN!


2 comments:

S&J Spanos said...

Tracy, you are truly amazing.

Clint said...

You got to coach team USA?!? That is awesome!